HOW TO CARE FOR MY HUMAN HAIR SYSTEM
LUXURY HAIR HALIFAX - (902) 580-6969
What Shampoo and Conditioner should I use?
- We recommend using a high hydrating hair care system to keep your human hair wig; vibrant, bouncy and shiny.
How do I shampoo and condition my hair?
- Prior to washing your beautiful human hair wig make sure you gently remove any knots with a paddle hair brush or wide tooth comb or pick. Start from the ends and work towards the cap removing tangles and knots.
- We recommend you wash the hair under cool water. Use a quarter sized amount of shampoo and work it from root to tips using your fingers to drag the product through. Make sure whilst shampooing the hair is travelling in the same direction. DO NOT rub the hair as this may cause your beautiful wig to tangle.
- Rinse the hair thoroughly in cool running water.
- Apply conditioner with the same method, avoiding the cap area of the wig.
- Be aware that applying conditioner too close the base/lace area of the wig may cause slippage in the delicate knots and thus shedding and hair loss.
- Using your fingers, work the conditioner through the ends of the hair and leave on for 3-5 minutes.
- Rinse hair thoroughly again, in cool running water.
How do I dry my hair?
- Once cleaned, wrap your hair in a towel and gently pat to remove any excess water.
- DO NOT use a brush to detangle your human hair wig whilst it is still wet, we recommend you only use a wide tooth comb or pick.
- Work a few drops of the oil, onto the hair, avoiding the base cap.
- Air dry wig on wig stand overnight.
- Using a round boar-bristle/nylon brush, work through the hair starting at the nape. Blow dry the hair in a downwards motion to smooth and direct the hair.
How often do I wash my hair?
- Depending on your level of activity, we advise you wash your wig or hairpiece every 12 to 14 days.
- Active people may want to rinse the hair after exercise and reapply a few drops of the oil before styling.
Can I use heat styling tools on my hair?
- We recommend you use heat styling tools with digital temperature settings to control the heat.
- Heat styling tools should be set to no higher than 180C or 350F.
- To further protect the hair we recommend you spray the hair with a Thermal Treatment Spray.
See below video for a demonstration of good washing and care instructions: